Saturday, June 21, 2008

Summer Theology: N.T. Wright on Evil in the World

N. T. Wright is an interesting character to me. He's a scholar, a bishop, and maybe a troublemaker; I admire that he confronts both conservative and liberal views with his approach. He's got an extensive scholarly and writing career easily found online or in a good library.

I'd be curious how you respond to 1) his way of reading the Bible, & 2) how that ties into his thoughts about evil and our role in the world. I tried this on some of my college student friends and they gave up on part 1 (which seemed boring to them) until I pressed them to go into the 2nd part of the interview which they did find helpful. Check it out & then discuss:
http://www.wittenburgdoor.com/heavy-theological-dude-mistakenly-talks-us

No comments: