Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

It's a shame when everything is fast paced action, and there's no time for sharing with friends, swapping a story, or catching your breath. But, in some ways, that's exactly what I've been doing the last few days at the national meeting of the Christian Educators Fellowship (CEF)/ Preaching from the Center conference in Albuquerque, New Mexico. http://www.cef2008.org/

I've been involved with CEF http://www.cefumc.org/ for a number of years due to my earlier years of work in the church. I've stayed connected with that group through the years even though my job has transitioned. I still find that group to have innovative, creative thinkers who look for practical ways to share the love of God with the world. This time I even facilitated a workshop on "Missions as Discipleship" and had fun sharing our Augusta story as I encouraged others to experiment with ways of being the church in community rather than retreating behind the walls of our buildings.

I get to stay at home and at work for a few days, and then will be in the Bahamas for a few days next week as we prepare for the North GA conference youth mission camp. We'll be in Nassau, Bahamas June 2009 with many youth from our north Georgia area http://www.missionencounter.com/location_nassau.htm More info later after our November "scout trip" to meet with the ME leaders.

For the moment I'm just GLAD to be home! I am still basking in the glow of Hispanic dancers with machetes, Native American drumming & dancing, all the beauty of the New Mexico area, and the incredible arts and crafts of that region. What a wonderful place to meet old friends and find new friends, to learn some more about sharing God's love today and how others throughout the country are experimenting with that, and to sit at a table with some great food and wonderful conversation. Thank you CEF friends for a very inspiring, renewing experience!

No comments: