Here are some classes I'd like to see offered for clergy training at both introductory and continuing education levels:
- basic medical terminology so we'll be more helpful in medical settings with patients & families
- best uses of electronic media including computer, TV, and essential practices for communication
- carpentry, how to roof, plumb, or install electricity to a house, or some other practical skills. This could also be things like sewing, cooking, etc.
- skill sets from the nonprofit world like how to be part of a management team & how to motivate and work volunteers
- integrate Red Cross training to include CPR, early emergency response, and perhaps mental health certification for disaster relief
What are your great ideas? How could church workers be more effective through certain specialized training?