Thursday, September 15, 2011

Varied Church Jobs-- from DCE to Missions

It's been a long week of consignment sale preparation. Thursday night is always the "pre-sale" for workers & friends, and our tradition has been that my wife and daughter go work that and I spend the evening with our youngest son. It's a good time to catch up with him, catch up with some of my "day job" that's gone unattended during the consignment preparations, and to get a little rest after 4 physical days with the two biggest days looming Friday and Saturday.

Oh, and I get to catch up on blogs and other web information I follow.

During my years working as a church program director I always liked to know what other churches were doing in ministry, who was hiring, and how they framed the job descriptions. It is amazing how much you can learn about the church in a few minutes with review of the job description and a check of their website.

Anyway, I still keep up with who's hiring and like to check out a few websites every now and then. It also helps me to help other deacons who like to know what's going on in the larger world of United Methodism.

A few interesting jobs tonight include:
-a DCE position,
- a Global Outreach job,
- an Evangelism position,
plus I've seen a variety of ministry opportunities with children, youth, etc. I don't know anything about these particular churches, but there could be some good options developing for some of you interested in working in the Church.

No comments: