Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Not Alone in the World

Read Micah 6:8

Find below part of a letter written from a recipient of our compassion funding at Christmas in Project Immanuel. Our attempt was to identify friends of members of the congregation who might have great needs, but who were suffering in isolation. Attached to the note expressing the mom’s gratitude was a handwritten note from her son. The child wrote: “Thank you so much for the gifts… They made my mama so happy she cried. It was very nice of you.”

The boy’s mother wrote:
“ I am not sure that I can find the words to express how grateful I am for the Christmas gifts. I never expected to ever receive such a wonderful gift in my life. It came at a time when I was feeling pretty low and alone. Being an only child, I feel lost and alone since my parent’s passed, especially during this season. And, being a single mother doesn’t leave much time for social interaction with friends.

I don’t know if you are aware, but, 2010 has been a rough year for me, with major changes. God has brought me through tough days and continues to be there to hold my hand.

I had prayed that He would show me how I was going to make it through Christmas and get clothes and surprises for my son; not to mention being able to buy food. Not only did your gifts help me buy food, clothes, necessities and some presents, it made me feel that I am not so alone in this world; that, there are people who care about us. I can never thank you enough for that.

Prayer Request
Pray that we will be aware of those in our circle of relationships, friendships, and acquaintances who may feel lost… alone… hopeless… praying for help. Pray that God may God use you to be an answer to someone’s prayer.

No comments: