Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Mission Devotions

Just Do It

The Psalmist says, “Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts” (Psalm 95: 7,8).

The church service – in which I preached – was over and an elderly gentleman, with a wrinkled face and silver grey hair slowly approached me. His trembling hand took hold of mine and said, “Young man! I am glad you are serving God at this age (I was in my 20s then). When I was like you, God called me to serve him but I told him that I would do so in my later years. After some years, he again called but I still procrastinated.”

Then, with moist eyes and trembling voice, he said, “I am an old man now and my strength is gone. Please tell me what can I do for Christ now?” After encouraging him that God is able to use us in spite of our age and our limitations, I left the place with a heavy heart. Imagine the guilt and pain of this man, who after a long and arduous journey, has come to the end of the road, only to realize that he has taken the wrong one and that too willfully.

Prabhu serves in India

No comments: