Friday, August 29, 2008

12 Years Old & No Parents

Most phone calls, most days, in my work are people begging for money.

On Thursday I heard about a 12 year old boy. His mom just died. He doesn't have a dad. He lives with his uncle now. I don't know the whole story, but I catch enough to feel sick to my stomach and heart broken.

As one might imagine he's depressed with his whole world turned upside down & little to be found that is drawing him back into life. But he loves music, and the school band is the one place where he finds some normalcy. It's the only bright spot in his life these days. So, some of us are getting the word out for prayers for the young man AND for a used trumpet or trombone. If you've got one of those used instruments in a closet, or know someone who does, we know someone who might bring the music to life, and might find life for himself.

No comments: