An incredible team from Fayetteville TN FUMC has been in town since Saturday. I'll post some pictures later. Right now I mostly need a shower and need to go to sleep! Re. our great friends from TN they've been working 3 construction sites including re-roofing one house, framing walls in the 2nd floor of Heritage Academy, and cleaning and painting an Interfaith Hospitality Network of Augusta transitional home, plus some of the group has been working at Trinity on the Hill's VBS and 2 basketball camps.
From today's activities let me say I AM AMAZED by:
* 1 guy who worked all night at Savannah River Site and roofed all day,
* 1 guy who roofed & then led two 3 hour basketball clinics AND led an evening presentation for the group,
* 1 group of work horses that worked a 12 hour day to truss and deck a house,
* a host of volunteers of all ages who give their time to help others,
* and the spirit of the Fayetteville TN FUMC bunch who are game for serving Christ in Augusta.
And today was just Day 2 of our week long mission!