Saturday, October 4, 2008

Lydia Project

I don't know about you, but the fall is beating me up! I feel like a college football player midway through the season. I've been through some games, feeling a little tired and bruised, yet know there's a lot more to do to make it to the end.

On top of the normal day to day activities it's funny the other work that fills a day. I attended a missions conference in ATL yesterday and had a good time hearing about other outreach work and networking with old friends and meeting new friends. I was also honored to lead a late afternoon workshop. That is a challenge both for a presenter as well as the listeners since they'd already been through about 6 1/2 hours of sitting and listening with only a lunch break! But I enjoyed the diverse group assembled in my seminar and hope they got something useful out of the time. I'm reminded again of the challenges of saying what you know, leading people in new ways that impact their situation, and helping create new partnerships. Thankfully I did have a number of people hang around and talk with me afterwards, and trust the mission dialogue will continue for some of us beyond the 90 minutes we spent together.

The local mission group I share with you today sprung out of our church and is housed in one of our buildings on our campus. The Lydia Project shares resources with women who are cancer survivors and has a profound impact on people near and far. See this story in our local paper, meet some of my friends, and go to the LP link to learn more:

http://blogs.augusta.com/node/1696

No comments: